Unitspark Ltd is an environmentally conscious Company and as such we acknowledge the potential environmental impact that our Engineering, fabrication and installations operations may have on the environment. This policy has been endorsed by the Senior Management who give their full support to its implementation. The Senior Management in co-ordination with the Environmental Management Representative are responsible for ensuring that it is communicated, understood, implemented and maintained at all levels within the Company.
We are committed to the prevention of pollution and continual improvement of our environmental performance. This has been facilitated through the setting of environmental objectives based on our significant environmental aspects. These objectives will be documented, allocated targets and programmes and periodically monitored and reviewed. The results of which are communicated throughout the Company and to our clients, suppliers where appropriate.
As a Company, we are committed to ensuring that we:-
- Comply with all environmental legislation and other requirements, including codes of practice and guidance produced by regulatory bodies, where these relate to our environmental aspects.
- Provide all employees with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfil the requirements of this policy, commensurate with their role.
- Maintain the environmental management system that fully complies with the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001: 2004, certified in Feb 2016.
- Strive to integrate environmental best practice into our business operations.
- Prevent pollution to the environment, by ensuring that we manage Hazardous substance storage.
- Minimise waste to landfill by reducing our waste generation and by segregating and recycling waste where economically and operationally feasible.
- Co-ordinate deliveries and business mileage so as to maximise fuel efficiency.
- Give appropriate consideration for the environment in the goods and services we provide to customers.
- Work together with local businesses, neighbours, partners or suppliers to encourage commitment and improvement in our local environment.
This policy will be communicated to all employees and organisations working for or on our behalf. Employees and other organisations are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as is reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, others, or the environment.
This policy will be reviewed annually by the Senior Management and where deemed necessary will be amended and re-issued. Previous versions of this policy will be archived and are available on request.
This policy statement is brought to the attention of all employees by being displayed on site. It is also made available publically through our website, reception areas or as may be reasonably requested by an interested party.
We exist to deliver Engineering excellence to our customers in a safe manner using committed and innovative resource whilst achieving the optimum return on our investment.